- This event has passed.
DXA Scan: Full Body Composition Analysis
November 29 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Why get a DXA scan?
A DXA scan answers the question, What are you made of? Knowing your body composition gives you the information you need to:
- Understand your body’s individual needs, strengths and weaknesses with respect to training, diet, and overall health
- Visualize and pinpoint the exact impact of a new training or diet plan down to exact muscle gains and fat loss in specific areas of the body
- Make decisions about adjusting and optimizing your program to suit your body’s specific responses
- Compare your bone health to others of your age, gender and ethnicity
- Identify personal long-term health risks
- Make a DXA appointment online. An appointment is required, but it’s very easy to make, and you can cancel or change up to 24 hours beforehand.
- For highest accuracy of results, come in clothes without metal. Workout clothes work great! If you plan to scan multiple times, try to do it under the same circumstances each time (time of day, food, exercise, etc).
- Lie down on our scanner for about 10 minutes. You’ll receive your results immediately.
- A consultant will sit with you for another 10 minutes to review your results and answer questions.
DXA scanners on our trucks have a maximum weight limit of 350 lbs, whereas our Los Angeles location’s scanner has a maximum weight limit of 450 lbs.
Additionally, if you have recently had a barium x-ray, a nuclear medicine scan, or any other x-ray procedure involving ingestion or injection of a tracer substance, please wait at least 2 weeks after that procedure before scheduling a DXA scan.
Finally, if you are pregnant, please do not sign up for a DXA scan.